1. Karate begins and ends with courtesy.
2. There is no first attack in karate.
3. Karate must only be used for justice.
4. Know yourself first, and then know others.
5. The mind comes before the body.
6. Set the mind free.
7. Carelessness comes before accidents.
8. Karate is not only for the dojo.
9. Karate training is for a lifetime.
10. Put karate in everything you do.
11. Karate is like hot water turning cold.
12. Do not think that you have to win, but think that you do not have to lose.
13. Understand the difference between vulnerable and invulnerable points.
14. Move according to your opponent.
15. Think of your opponent’s hands and feet as swords.
16. Once you leave home you have 1,000,000 enemies.
17. Kamae is for the beginner, Shizentai is for the advanced.
18. Kata done correctly will be different than combat.
19. Remember the light and heavy elements of kata.
20. Always think creatively.